- Calculus (IE-15379) will focus on basic concepts and theories of calculus.
- Topics covered in this class include basic function theory, limit and continuity, differentiation, integration, vectors and geometry of space.
- We will also study various calculus applications widely used for engineering. The popular R statistical language or Rstudio will be briefly handled in this class.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand basic concepts on functions and limits.
- Understand how to differentiate functions.
- Understand how to integrate functions.
- Understand how to calculate the sum of an infinite series.
- Perform basic vector operations.
- Understand the line and plane equations in space.