- Mathematical Statistics (DE-76044) will focus on the theories of statistics.
- First Topics (probability part) covered in this class include basic distribution theories and various probability distributions such as binomial, negative binomial, Poisson, exponential, normal, bivariate, etc.
- Second Topics (statistics part) covered in this class include point estimation, interval estimation, sampling, linear regression, and statistical hypothesis testing.
- We will also study various statistical applications widely used for engineering. The popular R statistical language or Rstudio will be handled in this class.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand basic concepts on probability theories.
- Obtain basics on discrete and continuous distributions.
- Obtain conditional distributions.
- Obtain bivariate distributions.
- Obtain various approximation technique.
- Understand basic concepts on statistics theories.
- Obtain point estimates.
- Obtain interval estimates.
- Understand basic sampling techniques.
- Obtain a simple linear regression estimate.
- Construct various statistical hypothesis testing.
- Learn how to program basic statistical programs using R language.