- Engineering Statistics II (IE-24211) will focus on basic concepts and theories of statistics.
- Topics covered in this class include point estimation, interval estimation, sampling, linear regression, and statistical hypothesis testing.
- We will also study various statistical applications widely used for engineering. The popular R statistical language or Rstudio will be handled in this class.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand basic concepts on statistics theories.
- Obtain point estimates.
- Obtain interval estimates.
- Understand basic sampling techniques.
- Obtain a simple linear regression estimate.
- Construct various statistical hypothesis testing.
- Learn how to program basic statistical programs using R language.