- This course will develop the statistical concepts within a multivariate framework.
- This course can be especially useful for analyzing complex data sets.
- We will also study various multivariate statistical applications widely used for engineering. The popular R statistical language or Rstudio will be handled in this class.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand basic concepts on multivariate statistics theories.
- Understand basics on R language (http://www.r-project.org).
- Understand geometry of the sample, generalized variance.a
- Understand multivariate normal distribution.
- Understand inferences about a mean vector.
- Understand multivariate linear regression models.
- Understand principal components.
- Understand factor analysis.
- Understand canonical correlation analysis.
- Understand discrimination and classification, etc.